Nakedmanatee's Blog o' Mirth.

In which one man, through a series of holistic misadventures, attempts to break the barriers that hinder communication using only a computer, a handful of Wheat Thins--sun-dried tomato flavor, and the Talking Heads CD, "More Songs About Buildings and Food." Guest starring Rita Moreno as herself.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Miscellany


Stuff...

I've updated the links sidebar... Lots of bloggy goodness to check out.

I saw Superman Returns. GREAT, but the first super-hero movie that depressed me. I love that though. Lois has moved on, has a new relationship, kid, life. AWESOME. That's humanity, Supes, welcome to it!

Ever hear of that classic TV show, "Heat Vision and Jack"? No? Well, that's probably because it never aired. Ben Stiller produced this pilot that was never picked up. It stars Jack Black as Jack Austin, astronaut, who gains super-intelligence whenever the sun comes up. He rides a sentient motorcycle (think Knight Rider) that talks to him (voice: Owen Wilson.) Together, they are on the run from evil Ron Silver, as himself. No really. It's ho-larious. Check it out at youtube.

Also, check this out... guy trades paperclip... for a house? One of the coolest stories I've ever read...
Yahoo News

4 Comments:

Blogger Slim said...

Ok David, I watched the first ten minutes, and, well, I wouldn't say ho-larious, but it is amusing. I'll go back when I have more time.

Wanna know what's weird? I had a strange sense of Deja-vu while watching, like I had seen it before. And, if ever there was a voice to give to a motorcycle, Owen Wilson is your man. Definitely.

7:50 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I think I need to start collecting paperclips.

1:12 PM  
Blogger David said...

Yeah, it's definitely cheesy humor,and, well, you know me!
Well, I know Owen Wilson is also voicing an animated car in "Cars," so maybe that's the deja vu?

2:44 PM  
Blogger David said...

t-next: I'll trade ya a blue triangle shaped paperclip for a pen that you can only get from a local hotel in your area. You throw in a thumbtack and I'll throw in a Comfort Suites pen.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home