Nakedmanatee's Blog o' Mirth.

In which one man, through a series of holistic misadventures, attempts to break the barriers that hinder communication using only a computer, a handful of Wheat Thins--sun-dried tomato flavor, and the Talking Heads CD, "More Songs About Buildings and Food." Guest starring Rita Moreno as herself.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yeahhhhhhhhh, Didja get that Meme?

I was reading Thursdaynext's delightfully entertaining meme on her blog (see sidebar for link: Eyre Affairs) and I decided I would lovingly rip off the concept. Why? Because I have something important to contribute? No. Because I am lazy? Because I am creatively bankrupt? Yes.

5 Things on my desk:

1. a world band radio
2. a mug that says "I Shot J.R."
3. condensation run-off from my glass of water
3. The Edward Said Reader
4. a stack of Memorex CD-RW discs
5. a business card for Tokyo Love (it's a sushi place, gutter-minded)

5 Things in my freezer

1. cold air
2. ice
3. "All That Caramel" ice cream
4. a cookie sheet holding fresh blueberries
5. wrapped packages of meat

5 Types of connective tissues in my body

1. Blood
2. bones
3. cartilage
4. tendons
5. adipose tissues

5 Songs Recently Played on my iPod

1. Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis
2. When the Sun Goes Down by Arctic Monkeys
3. My Doorbell by the White Stripes
4. Senegal Fast Food by Amadou and Mariam
5. Sin by Nine Inch Nails

5 Songs NOT on my iPod

1. Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks
2. I'm a Whiny Bitch by Nick Lachey
3. I'm a Skanky Ho by Paris Hilton
4. I'll be There for You by The Rembrandts
5. Imagine by Lindsay Lohan

5 Things in my wallet

1. Driver's license with my pic that makes me look like a serial killer
2. BSU Student ID with my pic that makes me look like I'm high
3. 5 Subway cards with two or three punch-holes punched out on each one
4. a Movie Gallery card that I don't use because of late fees
5. a Vons card that I got in San Diego but can't use in Idaho because we don't have a Vons here.

5 Things NOT found in my wallet

1. Money
2. condoms
3. snacks
4. metaphors
5. placenta from my first born

5 Words found in "A Moveable Feast"

1. inaccroachable
2. framboise
3. Gertrude
4. rectal
5. thermometer

5 books on my shelf that I have NOT read

1. A Moveable Feast
2. This Side of Paradise
3. Uncle Tom's Cabin
4. Oliver Twist
5. Lady Chatterly's Lover

5 DVDs on my shelf

1. Moulin Rouge
2. Father Ted Season 1
3. Hotel Rwanda
4. French Kiss
5. Arrested Development Season 1

5 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

David:

I cannot breathe. I laugh so hard.
Thanks, pal. I needed that. The stress of the last few days is enough to send me to drown myself in a wine vat. haha

Laughter: The Best Medicine!

:)
I won't quote which was my favorite, because it was all mind-blowingly hilarious.
Marry me?
I am serious.

;)

4:50 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

5 Things NOT found in my wallet

1. Money
2. condoms
3. snacks
4. metaphors
5. placenta from my first born

HEY!!!! I don't have any of those in MY wallet EITHER!

That's. Just. Weird. It's like we're the same person!

I wanna play

5 Random Things Found in my Apartment:
1. 2 huge boxes of fabric samples
2. A nearly empty wine rack
3. A laundry basket full of clothes that I ruined by putting a pen in the dryer with them-I don't have the heart to throw them away.
4. A red onion/a solitary donut/a cocnut
5. A pitcher shaped like a rooster

5:31 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

David ~ You can rip off anything from me anytime. ;) You are NOT creatively bankrupt. Summertime and not only is the livin' easy, but our brains are trying to take it easy!

~ A sushi place is also a term for the gutter minded
~ What are you going to make with those blueberries?
~ If only those damn Oasis brothers got along, we would have gotten more great music from them. Alas, they are two brats.
~ I think Hemingway may also use the word "penis" at some point when he is talking about Fitzy.

5:32 AM  
Blogger David said...

Marty: or as I like to call it: Laughter! for when you're out of Vicoden!

WiP: Wow, that IS spooky. Gimme back my wallet! I liked your list by the way. You have a coconut??

T-next: That's the best offer I've had all summer! ;) I don't REALLY think I'm creatively bankrupt, just overdrawn and in arrears a bit. ;)
Interesting bit about sushi places..if what you say is true, I had better find one...quick!
Blueberry recipes are to follow in a seperate post!
Thanks for the smiles, Amy. :)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

David-Yeah, see, you put the LIME in the coconut...woowoo!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home