Nakedmanatee's Blog o' Mirth.

In which one man, through a series of holistic misadventures, attempts to break the barriers that hinder communication using only a computer, a handful of Wheat Thins--sun-dried tomato flavor, and the Talking Heads CD, "More Songs About Buildings and Food." Guest starring Rita Moreno as herself.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

How Well Do You Know the 80's?


A quiz to change your life.

1.) Complete this song lyric. "This is what it sounds like __________________."

a. When doves cry.
b. When eggs fry.
c. When I eat pie.
d. When Dionne Warwick descries.

2.) Emilio Estevez was a member of what group?

a. Menudo
b. The Brat Pack
c. League of Assholes
d. Bunch of Guys Who Once Slept with Demi Moore

3. Which 80's song is really about masturbation?

a.) Dancing with Myself--Billy Idol
b.) She Bop--Cyndi Lauper
c.) Darling Nikki--Prince
d.) At This Moment--Billy Vera and the Beaters

4.) What was Oliver North guilty of?

a.) falsfying and destroying documents
b.) having bad hair
c.) wearing his military uniform into McDonald's to get discounts
d.) loving freedom a little too much

5.) What was the Jewel of the Nile?

a.) Danny Devito's left one
b.) Jewel's second album
c.) A holy man
d.) Michael Douglas' one chance to cavort in a Billy Ocean video

6.) What is Jody Watley looking for?

a.) a free lunch
b.) a red glove
c.) a new love
d.) a man who embodies the philosophy of dialectical materialism

7. In The Bonfire of the Vanities, what is the title a reference to?

a.) Jon Bon Jovi
b.) Bonham
c.) La Isla Bonita
d.) The 1497 bonfire organized by Italian priest Girolamo Savonarola, who urged the burning of material items.

8. Why was the A-Team on the run?

a.) unpaid back taxes
b.) they were on a book-signing tour
c.) they were convicted of a crime that they didn't commit
d.) Because they pitied the fools

9. Complete this song lyric... "Shot through the heart, and you're to blame...__________."

a.) "Our love will find a way, just give it time"
b.) "We built this city on rock and roll!"
c.) "You give love a bad name"
d.) "Everybody Wang Chung tonight"

10.) Who were "Simon and Simon"?

a.) mystery-solving brothers
b.) mystery-loving Sally Struthers
c.) chotske-collecting gay lovers
d.) frentically-smoking tree-huggers

6 Comments:

Blogger ThursdayNext said...

1) C: Only because its one of the dirtiest things you ever wrote on this blog.

2) D: Was he before or after Rob Lowe?

3) E: None of the above. Isnt it that song "I'm Turning Japanese"?

4) C: Oh hell, if there were a way for me to get a discount on a McGriddle, I would max it out, man.

5) B: Jewel's early music was good, but now its just fluff.

6) D: I mean, what women isn't looking for that?

7) C: Like, the BEST Madonna song evah! It rings through my ears and stings my eyes like a spanish lullaby!

8) A: Yeah, Mr. T. refused to cash in all the gold around his neck to pay it all back.

9) D: Except I don't know why I never can seem to find the dish "wang chung" on any New York Chinese Food menu!

10) C: I love chochskies!

You need a Pound Puppy question the next time.

5:59 PM  
Blogger David said...

:) I was LMAO at your answers!

and so:

1) Really? I'm going to have to try harder!
2.) Ewwww.
3.)I love that song! And now I love it even more.
4.)Yeah, don't underestimate the power of the McGriddle.
5.)Yeah, I liked her before she put out her dance album.
6.) Well, so I've been told.
7.) LOL! Makes me wish there was a spanish version. Shakira? Are you listening?
8.) Yeah, that's a good point! Mr. T could have bought them a nice new van with all that bling.
9.)I think you have to be in the band to get that dish made for you.
10.) I'm a chotske fan myself. Still not sure how to spell it though.

Thanks for playing along, Amy! You're right, I've unjustly ignored Pound Puppies. And Cabbage Patch dolls for that matter. I'm going to lose my 80's pop culture license and then I'll only be able to make 90's references.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

Dude! You’ve got to come up with harder questions than THAT!
Like, what was the name of the little kid who was in Madonna’s ‘Open Your Heart’ video?
;)

1) a
2) b
3) b
4) a
5) d
6) c
7) d
8) c
9) “You give love a bad name”
10) a

80's references are always great.
:)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

1. a
2. b
3. b, although...
4. hm..
5. d (Soooo awesome)
6. c
7. uh...
8. c?
9. c
10. a?... I had to ask my husband.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

And just when I thought the Artist Formerly Known As An Artist was clean enough for my kids to join me on my stroll down 80's Memory Lane (excluding Darling Nikki), I lead them through a few lines of Little Red Corvette (possibly one of the greatest songs to come out of the 80's if you ask me). Sadly, I found myself having to explain what trojans were, and by the way, who the jockeys were. Nice.
But really, when you hear the line, "I wanna try to tame your little red looooooooove machine," doesn't it seem like at that moment everything is right with the world? ;)

11:22 AM  
Blogger David said...

Marty: Okay, I bow to your 80's knowledge. All I remember about Madonna's "Open Your Heart" video was her boobies.

Laura: Thanx for playing!

Steph: Yeahhh, there's nothing like 80's era Prince. But you mean he's not referencing the Illiad?

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home