Nakedmanatee's Blog o' Mirth.

In which one man, through a series of holistic misadventures, attempts to break the barriers that hinder communication using only a computer, a handful of Wheat Thins--sun-dried tomato flavor, and the Talking Heads CD, "More Songs About Buildings and Food." Guest starring Rita Moreno as herself.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Thank God for Radio

Random thoughts as I turn the radio dial...

On the hip-hop/pop station they're playing the new hotness, Ciara's "Goodies," which is a song where Ciara temptingly teases her goodies to anyone in a five mile radius, only to let saps know that they aren't going to get her goodies. What's really weird is that I assumed she was referring to a much-coveted stash of glazed pastries. Well! It turns out she is actually referring to very specific body parts. (If you said "spleen," take away 5 points from your cool quotient. And your credit rating.) How do I know this? Evidentally, there is an uncensored version of the song entitled "Ovaries." I am outraged, despite the educational potential of such a song. And what's worse is that there is a Kidz Bop version. Just what the children of America need. Another song about ovaries.

I flip the station. Oh it's that song "Yeah!" I haven't heard that one today. More than once. I shouldn't dis it. I mean, c'mon, who ever would have thought that Urkel would be doing so well after that sitcom. Way to go, Urkel!

Commercials.... commercials... Fun fact! Didja know that all this month at the Torch is "Rack-tober"? Complete with frozen t-shirt contests and everything! Shit! And here it is the 22nd! I almost missed it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home