Nakedmanatee's Blog o' Mirth.

In which one man, through a series of holistic misadventures, attempts to break the barriers that hinder communication using only a computer, a handful of Wheat Thins--sun-dried tomato flavor, and the Talking Heads CD, "More Songs About Buildings and Food." Guest starring Rita Moreno as herself.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Studytime. In Which Dave has a Gollum-like Conversation

So here I am, it's 3:13a.m. and I'm at work, attempting to study. The ghost of Darwin is hanging around, but he's just mouthing all of his words and I can't understand, and it's all a bit creepy. I must concentrate and put all frivilous thoughts behind me (or at least in a box somewhere, where I can pick them up at my convienence.
Characteristics of natural selection... the potential for reproductive rates must outpace food supply... presence of variety in all species...

(Dave. Dave! Hello? Dave. What if you were King of the Vampires?)

Shut up, I'm trying to study! Yes, where was I? There is constant competition among individuals for survival.

(Dave! Think about it, King of the Vampires, dude! You could do all sorts of cool shit!)

Okay, that's enough. The test is Tuesday. That's technically, FUCK, that's tommorrow! Individuals with favorable traits are much more likely to survive.

(Yes, survive, you'd survive, but your enemies wouldn't. If you were King of the Vampires.)

SHUT. UP. This is serious. Favorable traits passed on with greater succes than unfavorable ones.

(You could pass on favorable vampire traits to your victims, dude. Like the ability to turn into mist. And put the whammy on unsuspecting frails.)

I'm NOT LISTENING. I'm studying, hah-ha!! ENVIRONMENT DETERMINES WHICH TRAITS ARE FAVOR--- favorable? Hello? You there? Am I finally alone? I can focus on natural selection now? Is that okay with you? Ahem. Geographical isolation may eventually cause the formation of a new species.

(Sooooo, if you were King of the Vampires, who would you make for your vampiric bride?)

Oh holy shit. I have had it! How the hell am I supposed to-- Wait a minute. It could be anybody?

(That's what I'm saying.)

Oh. Well, hell, I'm thinking Christina Ricci, dude!! HELL YEAH!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hey Marijke!

Good to hear from you! And thanks for the kind words; what a sweetie you are.

The whammy... Aw hell, what ep was that from? Pusher? Anyways, Mulder and Scully use it to describe a form of mind control... Puttin' the whammy on someone... And that's about the only way I could make Christina Ricci be my vampiric bride. She is somethin', isn't she? She looks like some sort of sex elf.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home