Nakedmanatee's Blog o' Mirth.

In which one man, through a series of holistic misadventures, attempts to break the barriers that hinder communication using only a computer, a handful of Wheat Thins--sun-dried tomato flavor, and the Talking Heads CD, "More Songs About Buildings and Food." Guest starring Rita Moreno as herself.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Today's Workout Tips

Watch what you eat. When you get up in the morning you may be tempted to eat a donut with chocolate frosting on top. This would be a mistake. You need protein. Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on top of the donut. Now that's breakfast.

Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to exercise. I know I can't do the treadmill unless I got my tunes. Make sure the tunes are upbeat. Bryan Adams's "Everything I Do (I Do it for You)" is not especially conducive to speed-walking. Boxing, yes. Aeorobics, sure, why not. Speed-walking, hell no. Upbeat. Upbeat songs. However, there is a great temptation to sing along with that peppy pop tune. Do not give in. Nobody in the gym particularly wants to hear you wail at the top of your lungs "KARMA-KARMA-KARMA-Karma Chameeeeeeleooonnnnnnnn---You come and goooooo! You come and gooooo-wah-oh!" Speed-walking is the silent sport, my friend. Let's be good neighbors.

If a volleyball slams into your head, chances are it was an accident. Don't get angry. Do not seek revenge. (Note: If you were singing Karma Chameleon, it wasn't an accident. In which case, you're out of luck, buddy.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Karma Chameleon is one of my favorite songs ever! But I do not sing it on the treadmill. haha
Any 80s Madonna is great for workouts too. And the new Madonna, for that matter.

:)

12:53 PM  
Blogger David said...

LOL... I love Karma Chameleon... I try not to sing it outloud, though, in the company of others. In the car, maybe. And yes, Madonna is excellent gym music. "Hung Up" is great... Also "Like A Prayer," "Ray of Light," "Beautiful Stranger," and my personal favorite, "Express Yourself." Wow, she's had a lot of hits.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home